Skip to content
- Investigate legal options to enhance safety in custody and visitation arrangements, including safe exchanges and supervised or restricted visitation.
- Explore options for communicating safely with the batterer concerning your children.
- Notify your children’s school(s) and/or daycare about custody arrangements. Provide them with a copy of your protective order and custody order.
- Find out about counseling for your children.
- Ask a counselor, attorney, or other domestic violence professional about how to talk to your children about safety concerns.
- Contact the Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program with the State Department at (888)407-4747 and request to be notified if a passport application is being processed for your child.